This course provides agile leaders, coaches and scrum masters with the necessary mindset and skills to effectively facilitate and coach others toward higher performance and have greater adaptive capacity and collaboration within their teams.
Facilitation is a cornerstone skill for successfully leading agile teams. As much of the work in agile teams occurs involves collaboration in nearly all decisions, the ability to facilitate discussion is paramount to success. There is an equal emphasis placed on learning the skills of coaching and mentoring individuals and then taking those skills to the next level of coaching teams. We will focus on coaching the journey to high performance (task) AND understanding team development (relationships), on inspiring commitment that produces repeatable and sustainable results.
Key outcomes of this deep dive intensive course include:
- Understand the beliefs and assumptions underneath the facilitation and coaching mindset.
- Achieve faster and more creative decisions by facilitating team processes.
- Make collaborative conversations easier, flow better and take less time.
- Listen fully and ask essential, powerful questions that propel people into action.
- Uncover and effectively work with team conflict, resistance and dysfunction.
- Coach and mentor people through the change required to occupy Agile roles fully.
- Coach the journey to team high performance.
- Give and receive feedback in a way that grows yourself and others.
- Nurture and mentor staff to mastery of their skill or craft.
Each participant receives:
- A facilitator’s bag: A black messenger bag, box of markers, large posit-it notes, small post-it notes, blue tape, white tape, 1 deck of meeting management cards, and a pen.
- Full color spiral bound participant guide and toolkit
- A Kindle or iBooks copy of the participant guide, available for download after the class
- Meeting Planning and Design Canvases, available for download after the class
- A ring-bound 200 card deck of Power Questions
ICAgile Team Facilitation Certification (ICP-ATF) and ICAgile Coaching Agile Coaching Certification (ICP-ACC).
The course is accredited by the International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile). Participants are eligible for the ICAgile Team Facilitation Certification and Agile Coaching Certification upon completion of this course.