We will explore how the structure of our language informs our behavior and shapes our reality. By deconstructing the structures that sit behind our reactions, it becomes possible to understand and change the disruptive patterns of behavior that can erupt without warning.
Using Structural Dynamics, we explore the range of powerful, but invisible forces which drive our face-to-face interactions when the stakes are high. This means being equipped to map patterns of behavior and understand how they show up at particular interfaces.
By participating in this workshop, you will…
across teams, organizations and wider systems
Work with the most challenging behaviors
in high stakes environments
Work with visible and invisible behavioral dynamics to ensure durable change
behavior in self and others and develop the ability to lower the stakes for self and others
Gauge an organization’s moral compass and design and lead dialogic team and organizational interventions
This workshop gave me a language for being able to see and describe challenging conversations and team dynamics that I’ve experienced in the past and how I can change them moving forward. Great experience!
Understand how context, triggers and themes raise the stakes for you including degrees of reaction and how your behavioral preferences change between low and high stakes _________________
Know your characteristic responses, shadow behaviors and shadow dances associated with the postures of moral justice and heroic modes
Know your own childhood story and how it impacts on you in high stakes in order to gain greater command of self under pressure
Know how to lower the stakes for yourself using core principles for managing high stakes effectively
Map a system to identify leverage points for behavioral change and know how best to prepare for interventions at high stakes interfaces within an organization _________________
Understand the importance of moral sensitivity and the mechanisms through which moral corruption can take place
Work with high stakes behaviors within the context of a system in crisis including dealing with the impact of perturbance
- Identify features of ‘contracting’ and preparing for high stakes interventions
- Know how to build a container with sponsors and with the groups and parts of the system you are working with
- Know how to use Generative Dialogue to help a team and/or system reveal more about itself
- Be able to discern the various voices and perspectives whilst remaining neutral and bystanding the system
- Become skilled at observing, identifying and transforming high stakes behaviors that are contributing to reactivity and may be deeply entrenched including e.g., working with Structural Imprints
- Work proactively with perturbance particularly when the stakes need to be raised and deal with associated escalation
- Know how to lower the stakes for others using core principles for managing high stakes effectively
- To learn more about the prerequisites & pre-work for Changing Behavior in High Stakes, click here.
Participants are eligible for the following Continuing Coach Education (CCE) credits: Core Competencies – 14
Resource Development – 20
The Online Experience
This course is delivered in two parts of three days each, with 5 hours of class on each of the days.
TeamCatapult has been conducting online courses since 2015, so we’re well-equipped to meet the expectations you have for online learning.
We even provide an Orientation before each course so that you can optimize technology for your learning experience.
Successfully completing Advanced Facilitation, Making Behavioral Change Happen, or Coaching Agility from Within is required to attend Changing Behavior in High Stakes
You are required to complete approximately 2 hours of pre-work prior to beginning the workshop. The pre-work entails an assessment, a one-hour coaching session, watching a video, and reading.
You will also attend two small group calls: one between Part 1 and Part 2, and the other one following Part 2; and two more 1:1 coaching sessions.
* Payment Plan: If you’d like to inquire about a payment plan option, please email email@example.com.