Prerequisite: Agile Team Facilitation completed.
“Once leaders start facilitating meetings and conversations using a facilitator’s stance, they are so amazed by the results they want to deepen their expertise in working with the complexities of group dynamics, this course was designed for them to do just that.” – Marsha Acker
You have begun facilitating the majority of your meetings and even explored managing your team in general using a facilitation model — you’re now ready to take your skills to the next level.
- The Advanced Facilitation course was designed to deepen your self-awareness and group awareness so that you can: Grow your own leadership range;
- Be aware of how your model of communication impacts how you work with others;
- Identify and shift stuck patterns in teams that may be impacting their effectiveness;
- Enable teams to become more self-correcting;
- Give teams a language for skillfully having tough conversations with each other.
This program will take you on a personal journey to deepen your skills as a facilitator, agile coach, or leader of collaboration – building your own capacity to lead and work collaboratively in order to help others do the same. You will be introduced to techniques that will help you be more adept at identifying communications challenges in groups and helping them unlock the wisdom that resides within the group.
You will bring your experiences to the table, dissect them and use them to deepen your learning and ability to work with group dynamics at a deeper level. You will leave the Advanced Facilitation course with a deepened self awareness and a model for working with difficult group dynamics.
- Learn how to ‘read the room’ and be able to reveal the hidden dynamics beneath the surface of the group in order to help the group modify their behavior for enhanced dialogue and team performance.
- Understand your Kantor Behavioral Baseline Profile – which will give you your preferences in three levels of Structural Dynamics: Actions, Operating Systems and Communication Domains.
- Learn how to apply your Kantor Profile to common day-to-day interactions
- Increase awareness of your own preferred style of communication
- Identify and work with typical behavioral tendencies and group dynamics
- Practice a range of ways to change ‘stuck’ dynamics
- Learn how to work with conflict when it arises in a team
- Guide groups successfully through the dialogue practices of listening, voicing, respecting, and suspending
- Completion of the Agile Team Facilitation or similar facilitation course or be able to demonstrate your knowledge of facilitation skills
- Completion of the Kantor Behavioral Profile on-line assessment